Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Time to tie up some 'loose ends'..."

Remember Dave Cook? Inspiration Master who has jettisoned tremendous poundage (185 pounds lost as of July 20th!) through hard work and simple perseverance (original blog entry HERE). He just completed his 200+ mile summer walk from his home in Rowan County to Carolina Beach near Wilmington along various roadways, all in celebration of his new-found life.

No special money-eating fads, diets, or foods...just simple will power to improve himself each day, whether in a huge way or a little way...but he stuck with it because he chang
ed his perspective, which changed his will...and once you are willing to accept change and the challenge to move forward, it flows like a mighty river.

The definition of "insanity": doing things the same way you've always done them and expecting the outcome to be different. How true, oh sadly how true. Trust me, I'm feeling guilty already! Here is a link to "David's Journey" as recorded in the Salisbury Post recently (sorry, no pics!). Keep on truckin', Good Buddy!

(top photo: Salisbury Post; bottom photo: Beth Cook)

-----------------------------------

I put a few of my insect photos ("Denizens of the Daisies") together into a musical postcard that I posted on my file at YouTube.com...click HERE to see it...the song was one already in my head, though in time I may well re-record it with another song...just playing around with an updated version of the Pinnacle software I use.

-----------------------------------

While on the subject of YouTube, I found an interesting video of computer-driven imagery that
marries physical movements with musical notes. Actually, I'd first seen the video years ago on a PBS station during one of their membership drives, marveling at the spectacular creation that kept me watching every move...finding it on YouTube makes it easier to share the link with you. Click HERE to see an example of this intriguing style of animation! As a musician, it's interesting to watch the action of the balls and other instruments as they strike various mediums in response to the driving master track.

-------------------------------------------------

Aw, heck, why stop now with the video links! If you want a toe-tappin' number to listen to, I'm linking you to a fun calypso-boogie number by one of my favorite Big Band leaders, Louis Jordan. It's called "Early in the Morning" and it might be what you need to give you a little 'giddy' in your 'up' this Hump Day morning!

"It's early in the mornin' and I ain't got nothin' but the blues..."

No comments: