Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I'll vote for that..."

No political activist, I. However, regardless of your own persuasion, one thing is certain with the upcoming presidential election: it will be a monumental 'first' in either direction. Be it race or gender, the victor will rewrite the White House history books (of course, Obama and Palin have already set their respective party's records).

It must take an unusual person to run for public office...the higher the office, the more brutal the scrutiny, first by media, then by the shark pools in our society that feed off the media chum. There is no such thing as squeaky-clean, and if there is, that almost has to make you pause and wonder. Personally, I have no problem with someone who has screwed up, as long as they've learned from it to become stronger and wiser. To kill the king's english, I sure ain't gonna be tossin' no stones at anybody!

A thought to ponder...

"The farther a man knows himself
to be free from perfection,
the nearer he is to it."

-Gerard Groote

--------------------------

I could be writing about Hanna and the tropical trio...still looks like an oblique hit near Wilmington just after midnight Friday, 2-3am Saturday. I'll be working Saturday mid-day for the Triad office, with Matt Morano opposite me in Charlotte. Raleigh will have its hands full with 2 markets and one keywall, so Matt and I will be prepared to take some of their load. I had also signed up earlier to pull Monday through Wednesday PM shift for the Triad, as well, FYI. I will say the perspective changes when you're hourly and not salaried! If another tropical system is to bother us, like Ike, it's still days away from raising that flag.

I saw the following list on some email and thought I'd pass it along - I'm sure there are many others to add to this list, but in writing about the election above, I remembered the "Politician's hymn' and got a chuckle. Maybe you will, too.


Hymns for All Professions

Dentist's Hymn: Crown Him with Many Crowns

Weatherman's Hymn:
There Shall Be Showers of Blessings

Contractor's Hymn:
The Church's One Foundation

Tailor's Hymn:
Holy, Holy, Holy

Golfer's Hymn:
There's a Green Hill Far Away

Politician's Hymn:
Standing on the Promises

Optometrist's Hymn:
Open My Eyes That I Might See

IRS Agent's Hymn:
I Surrender All

Gossip's Hymn:
Pass It On

Electrician's Hymn:
Send The Light

Shopper's Hymn:
Sweet By and By

Realtor's Hymn:
I've Got a Mansion, Just Over the Hilltop

Massage Therapist's Hymn:
He Touched Me

Doctor's Hymn:
The Great Physician

No comments: