Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"Wednesday's Word: Wacky"...

It's as if everything is out of kilter, ain't it. Inside, I know I am. Outside, there is the persistent wintery weather in the upper midwest with baseball games being called...because of snow....and a doozie of another winter storm brewing in southern Minnesota...to the ever disparaging news revealing yet more devastating crop damage from the Southeast's record cold last weekend, and some growers reporting a 100% loss already.

At least the freezing is gone in the South, as much needed rainfall is starting to trickle from the sky. I tried to get as much sanding and such done outdoors yesterday before battening down the hatches for today's showers, tonight's thunderstorms, and tomorrow's very windy conditions. March came in like a lion, went out like a warm lamb, and now in April is acting like a Tasmanian Devil. The weather apple cart has definitely capsized.


Feeling that way inside a bit, myself. My plate, per usual, is almost overloaded with things I need to get done, but the weather has played a major role in reshaping what I can do when. Too, pulling a bit more double-shifts than usual, like today, which throws a few wrenches into 'normalcy'. And for those of you who deal with daily pain, I figuratively and literally feel your pain. While I have knee surgery slated for the end of April, I've been unable to walk without pain for several months now, and pain simply wears you down over the long haul...kind of like being in a NASCAR race and having your car break down on the back stretch, opposite the pit area...

I am excited over a new flute I began sanding down yesterday...a couple of years ago I obtained some absolutely stunning curly Myrtle (Oregon), and this will be the second flute I've made from it...I'll be sure to post the pictures of the intense figuring in this pale yellowish wood when I finish it, which may not be until next week. Pretty, pretty wood.

Blog inspirations have been spotty at best, lately...kinda like going fishing...you go through the motions, but you can't make the fish bite. You hope they do, but there is no forcing a hooked outcome. And so it has been of late. But as you regular readers know, on Thursdays (that's tomorrow) I take you to some neat place and share my photography with you...tomorrow's post will be some of the unique formations from Toadstool Geologic Park in northeast Nebraska. And I bet you thought it was all flat corn and wheat fields...

No comments: