Wednesday, April 08, 2009

WHEW! Looks like most locations dodged a bullet insofar as damaging freezing temperatures early this morning. What temperatures went below 32 degrees didn't seem to last but a couple of hours, which should mean minimal if any bloom damage.

I'm still battling one of those colds that starts in the head and slooooowly notches downward toward the chest, and hopefully this puppy will keep on going and leave me alone. Tomorrow, Thursday, I start 15 days of weather work for the next 18 days, combining work for WSOC on Sundays and News 14 weekday mornings while Matthew East is on paternity leave (CONGRATULATIONS!). The fun part will be the double shifts where I show up in Charlotte during the mid-day...that'll really mess with viewers' brains! "That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I liiiiike it....uh huh uh huh....."

Alright, first are two videos that have been on the mass email lists so you may have seen them, but they sure are cute...remember to cut your volume on or put in your earbuds! First up is...


BOOGIE DOWN, BABY!!!


This one is really clever, as well....make sure you watch it all the way to the end, past the designer words...


CLEVER WOMAN!


I had pictures of one more flute that is in my flat-bottomed family of flutes I call Half-Pipes. They're simply a more affordable alternative to the traditional round-bore flutes. This one is a mid F#, which is about as low as I can make these due to physics and equipment limitations. The wood is unknown, though I suspect it's one of the more dense varieties of Mahogany...this one has some heft to it. Normally I don't adorn these flutes as it adds to the price a little, but I had this crazy idea to relief-burn a giant Kokopelli since I had good wall thickness in the flute. The block is a firetail made from Zebrawood...I like the wood for blocks and endcaps, but I've never felt the urge to buy it to make flute bodies, for some reason. Maybe one day I'll change my mind. As always, click on pics to enlarge...and have a great day as we start warming back up!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bob,


the Aggie Ladies stopping by to say hi, cute videos, hope u are feeling better soon, we are all working hard and ready for school to be out, good job on your flutes too, you are a jack of all trades :)


Monica, Lisa , Dashawn and Nicole..