Thursday, August 23, 2007

Random (humorous) thoughts....

DUE TO A COMPLETE BRAIN FLATULATION, MY USUAL THURSDAY TRAVELOGUE WILL NOT BE POSTED TODAY. INSTEAD, I REVEAL YET MORE INSTANCES OF HOW OFF THE WALL MY BRAIN WORKS AFTER A DAY'S SHIFT IN THE SALT MINE...
---------------------------------------

I had these thoughts pass through my head yesterday, in musing over the English language and unusual words, double entendres, etc...

...like words for groups of similar animal species:

If the Animal Planet channel had a running series dedicated to whales, would they offer podcast versions?...

If someone were convicted of illegally killing just one single crow, could you in all good, proper conscience call it a murder of crow?...

...and other twisted word play or 'thought' play that roamed through my cerebral cortex:

Stands to reason Spiders.com has a web page...

Undertakers make their money through layaway plans...

Farmers are definitely worried about our drought...do they talk about it a with furrowed brow? If they make light of the parched situation, is it considered dry humor?...

If there were a Pirates Encyclopedia, wouldn't the "R" volume be 10 times thicker than any other volume?...

I have always wondered why drive-up ATMs have braille on them...

Isn't going to a landfill a waste of energy?...

Do Eskimos use refrigerators?...

Is there a word that rhymes with purple?...

You know what I saw? Wood.

If I ran a lumberyard, wouldn't I get board with work?


-------------------------------------

I try to sleep from 7p to 1a - last night around 10pm, there was a pretty significant storm passing by, splitting my sleep period right down the middle. Needless to say I'm not quite as rested and 'together' as I would expect to be.

Tomorrow is Friday, which normally excites me...but I remember I have to work this Saturday for Tara. Oh the joy of having no one yet hired to replace Jess Torpey who left the Raleigh weather office many many weeks ago.

Enjoy your day and maybe...just maybe...you'll get some much needed rain!


No comments: