Monday, February 04, 2008

"Are you a Snapdragon?"

"Behold the Snapdragon..."

Originally from the Mediterranean and the Iberian Peninsula, genus Antirrhinum, aka the Snapdragons, comes in a variety of colors, most growing in the 1-2 feet tall, with a little bulb on the blossom that kids like to pinch ('snap') and make the 'dragon' open it's mouth.

Here in the deep of winter when most vegetation is taking a vacation, the thought and sight of colorful flowers warms the soul and excites those who long to start their spring gardening before too long.


And so a friend passed along some information to me that made me take stock of myself, my life, my job, my outlook...the message was basically,

"Are you a Snapdragon?"

Unequivocably yes. In fact, I may run for president of the Snapdragons-R-Us club, given the opportunity. Maybe you are qualified to join in, as well...


This email had the following pictures attached...some of you may have already seen this 'forward' or have seen some of these signs at craft shows, etc. They're still cute and worth a chuckle here on a Monday after the Giants upset the Patriots in a Superbowl I couldn't watch because I had to be asleep for work...which now that I said that doesn't make sense if I'm a Snapdragon, and I'm already snapped and draggin'... oh well...!

This one's for the Ides of April...



This one is for those of us dreading the bathing suit season ahead:


It's all about perspective, eh?...


I'm sure I'll have a sale soon...


Surely they're 'lion'...


Here's to you, Mom!...


I keep tellin' her she's the best one I ever had...

Keep healing from your back surgery, Mom! You know I love you, even if I AM responsible for all your gray hair!

Have a good 'un, y'all!

No comments: