Monday, February 11, 2008

Trouble in paradise

Sometime last night in the last of our windy conditions, after I'd gone to sleep, there was a power surge of sorts that actually cut on the living room TV and my computer...only my computer didn't like the direction of the sudden electircal flow and I was never able to successfully boot it up earlier this morning without it locking at different stages each time. No blue screen of death, mind you, not yet...but problems I'll have to address after work later today. Wish me luck.

Bottom line: no computer, hence no posting for now. At least yesterday's maelstroms are but a memory as the front has long passed. Found an 81 mph gust at the Jefferson gauge in Ashe County....whoooooosh! Have a good 'un, y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After I got home Sunday, I was on the phone and heard clicking, hung up and then the power flipped off twice. I went to the computer, which was off and flipped off the surge protector and that cut off all power to the computer, so no further surges would harm the surge protector or computer. Power came on in a few hours. No way to cook-ordered medium pizza, now gone. Lori

Bob Child said...

Smart to unplug! Never crossed my mind to do that...I will now think twice!

bob