Monday, June 30, 2008

Blast from the past...


Good ol' Jiminy Cricket.

"I'm no fool, no sirree!
I'm gonna live to be 93,
I play safe for you and me
'Cause I'm no fool!"

I remember well those educational films I saw at Clubview Elementary School in Columbus, Georgia. He always sang the above refrain as part of his messages to warn us about exposed electrical lines, staying away from dangerous traffic, strangers, and objects that could hurt you, etc. Just one of those indelible marks up in one of my cerebral cortex folds.

Found a few of those "oldies" you might have fun watching (about 8 minutes each):

I'm No Fool (with Fire)

I'm No Fool (Having Fun)

I'm No Fool (With a Bicycle)

This weekend I was on the deck one late afternoon (before one of the many storms blew through!), and along came...well, not a cricket, and not Jiminy, but this tee-tiny member of the grasshopper family making his way down the deck. As a photographer, it's always interesting to see how much difference the background color can make in a picture (the bright of the sky vs. the green of the foliage). Click on pics to enlarge.

This morning I figured I'd add a couple of nature quotes to give us all a little food for thought. Society is geared toward bigger, better, faster, harder...when in fact just the opposite can be overwhelmingly beautiful and fulfilling. There is an undeniable completeness in simplicity.



Enjoy the beauty of the day.

No comments: