Sunday, July 05, 2009

Just something that 'hit' me...

*** (click on pics to enlarge) ***

Hope all y'all had a nice 4th...I prefer a more 'quiet' celebration, and Mercy was NOT disappointed! Earlier in the day, I was loading Mercy in the car for her morning walk...I just happened to look over at the raspberry and blackberry bushes and immediately something caught my eye...

Some things just jump out into my sensitive 'eye' that sees all kinds of different things...and this one leaf just happened to be in the unusual position to reveal a most intriguing photographic landscape. I did have my ol' trusty Canon S2 with me, took the above scene as a whole, then switched into macro mode and moved in for the shot below...

...and all I did was to slightly underexpose the scene to keep the highlights in check. Cool 'scape.

In walking Mercy I came upon a mama Mallard and her 7 ducklings...it was most interesting to watch the babies when mom would quack a simple command...they would all paddle in closer around mom, if but for a moment...


Too, with the morning showers on July 5th, the glass-topped deck table yielded a neat little mini-scape for another Canon S2 photo-op (below)...


All of this to urge any and all of you, whether you have a camera or not, to make sure you take the time to 'observe' small, beautiful vignettes that constantly occur all around us. This is far from the first time I've ever written this in my blog: stop and smell the roses, even if for a moment...


No comments: