Monday, March 26, 2007

"I'm Back In The Saddle Again...."

Howdy, Saddle Pals! "He's baaaaaack..."

How many of you have ever had 'difficulty' with re-entry from a vacation or much-needed time off? Be it when I was a student coming back
from break or vacation, or as an employee coming back from time away from my usual odd hours, there is this deep-felt *sigh* of mixed emotions as you hit the necessary transition back into 'the routine' of the working world, not at all in a social mind-set...!

Refreshed and rested, no doubt. Thankful not only for the time off, but for this annual opportunity I have to do something a little different as an awards ceremony announcer, which I blogged about a week ago today. I work with the same professionals each year from New York City and Charleston, SC, and in the 5 years we have worked as a 'unit' we've become a bit of a 'family', so it was good to see them once again. That working relationship serves as a significant plus in making the complicated awards banquet evening run like clock-work (to those on the outside!).

For this week's Travelogue Thursday, I'll be posting my select photo compilation from 3 morning sunrises, which you'll find aesthetically interesting. I have a few hundred s
hots to cull through in the meantime...
and discovered that during the second morning my camera switched over to monochrome (B&W) unbeknownst to me. I know how to go through the menu tree to reach that function, but at the snap of a finger the shots went monochrome, and I haven't the foggiest how that happened...I was heartsick at first, but found a couple of images that actually look pretty neat as B&W, so I'm sure a couple of those will make it to my top 8 or so. I have 3 days to make my selections, and will certainly need that time, as persnicketty as I am in my selection process!

One bummer in my update today...not that it affects many, if any, of you...this was going to be a pretty special week for our Carolina Flute Circle friends, with Grammy-winning Mary Youngblood coming to town. While she and percussionist Jim Brock will be here for Wednesday evening's premiere of a new PBS feature film "The Spirit of Sacajawea" down at the Blumenthal, they canceled their weekend concert Sunday April 1 at the Schiele Museum in Gastonia...a few of our members were going to be opening for her, as well. Ah, even the best laid plans....

Yes, a significant bummer...though I ran across this tongue-in-cheek photo/description below that is significantly more of a bummer than our circle's disappointment...!
(click to enlarge)


Y'all be good now, y'hear?

No comments: