Friday, March 16, 2007

"Just like this work week..."

Just like this Red-Tail Hawk I ran across for a very brief period Thursday around noon, our work week is...

Going...


Going...

Gone!...

For most of us, this week has ended in rain and/or snow, seriously falling temperatures, but an open door to a sunny weekend, albeit 25-30 degrees colder than our recent balmy days. So be it. That is the beauty and variability of weather at this glorious time of year.

From my 'fallen' wooded area this week, I have secured sections of rather large, old dogwood trees to eventually make them into flutes once the wood cures...takes some time, and I precut lengths and sealed the ends for proper slow drying...all an experiment, of course, but experiments and I are good friends...! Dogwood flutes are not a common item...I'll make those mistreated woods sing a New Song once again, louder than before...what's sad to me is that these were waste trees just left in the mud, to be burned or buried at a later date...not if I have anything to say about it! HA!

What is so intriguing about Spring is how the vegetation explodes, and not all at once...it is a staggered cacophany of colors that goes on for weeks, even with significant weather changes. Like these neighborhood trees (Bartlett Pears?) lining the quiet streets...even if you've had a bad day they make you smile real big when you pull in...

Gonna be a busy day with our Carolina rains today, Friday, so will keep this short and sweet. Here's wishing all of you a blessed day full of inspiration and Goodness. I'm sure you deserve it!

Wheeeeedoggies....!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Bob! Yeah, the ornamental Pears are looking good right now. The spring blooming is one of their best qualities.

In downtown Mooresville, it looks like they are cutting down all the Pears along the railroad track (along Main Street). They look like Bradford Pears (Pyrus calleryana 'Bradford'). Sure, Pears have their problems, but why cut the tree down when its at its best right now? Not sure on the logic there.

Have a good weekend!

Will

Bob Child said...

That's sad...good thing I don't live closer because I would add some pear logs in with my dogwood logs to dry for future flutes! Yeah, good ol' TGIF!!!