Friday, March 30, 2007

"Stressing, Are We?..."

Another Friday. For many, another end to a stressful week. Another 5 days completed holding back the urge to scream like a banshee at the top of your lungs. Another 5 days of endlessly telling yourself "insurance and benefits, insurance and benefits..."


(NOTE: for any News 14 management reading this, I am merely speaking for other friends; I love my job...no, really.)


Actually, I haven't had a stressful week...did kinda royally screw up my body clock by napping Wednesday afternoon in order to attend a movie premiere downtown that night, not lying down to sleep until 10:30pm, only to boing back up with the 1:00AM alarm and work my regular hours Thursday...no stress here. Sleep-deprived, yes. Stressed, no.

I think we are all aware how harmful and useless stress is, yet often we find ourselves with our knickers in a knot over some condition or other people or a visit from the Screw-Up Fairy. So today's post is meant to bring a smile to your face, hopefully. How do you know if you are stressed? Carefully study the picture below:

If your stress level is below the 'critical' level, you will see what appears to be, for all practical porpoises, identical jumping dolphins. If the dolphin on the right appears to be more green, you need to get more exercise each day. If you see a "sea cow", and I ain't talkin' Manatee, then you need to go to the doctor immediately...

...so you can open a whole 'nuther can of worms! Actually, a smile works wonders, so take a deep breath and say, "CHEESE!".....


Ever notice how some people have a million dollar smile...and then some?...


So here's wishing all of you a stress-free weekend! Now, go spread a smile today...the world needs more of 'em...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smiling ..... !!
Thanks for the chuckles with these pics, Bob! Great way to end a stress-filled week! (Cow? What cow? I don't see a cow ... or at least I don't WANT to see a cow!)
Actually those pics are a great way to BEGIN a week too, when you know ahead of time that it's going to be stress-filled!
Thanks again for sharing those!
Suzy :)

Bob Child said...

"Moooooooooo!" Glad today's blog filled a niche for you and some others! I'm smiling just because it's Friday and I'm 'off the clock' for the weekend! Woo-hooooo! I think I'll party and stay awake until 9pm...!