Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: 5th

(some pics will enlarge when clicked on)

On the fifth
day of Christmas,
My true love gave to me....


Five olden beings




Four 'hauling' nerds




Three drenched men





Two fertile loves



...and a cartridge in a bare tree.

-----------------------------------

'Tis the season for chapped lips, eh? That's one of the first thoughts in my head this morning as I wait for the coffee to perk at this very early hour. Even though I keep a lip balm handy, in the cold they still crack and then swell some, so can't wait for the burning sensation of the first couple of swigs of my java brew. The second thought is lay off the egg nog, Fluteboy...

Thankfully this overnight system has been mostly liquid, or if it were icy everyone switched over to rain as warmer air has been moving NE. A nice snow is festive...a nice ice storm is an oxymoron, as that is nothing but dangerous. Dodged a bullet, we did, as there has been plenty of rain around the region.

"6 geese a laying" is ahead for Monday...get ready to say 'Awwwwww!'






No comments: