Thursday, December 17, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: 9th

(NOTE: some pics enlarge when clicked; you also may need
to refresh your page if some pictures are missing)


On the ninth day of Christmas,
My true love gave to me....



Nine MD's lancing



8 knaves a-bilking



Seven Swamis sitting



Six beasts a-playing



Five olden beings



Four 'hauling' nerds




Three drenched men





Two fertile loves



...and a cartridge in a bare tree.

_________________________________

Too bad this Friday isn't next Friday...we could have a bona fide white Christmas! Incoming coastal system will have air just cold enough to make snowflakes, though sleet and rain should mix in later in the day as temps ever so slowly creep up a degree now and then through midnight. Even though we're riding the temperature rail right at 32, I'm definitely making sure I have provisions and things mailed and such...don't need to be out on the roads, sounds like.

Hard to believe Christmas is about a week away, the winter solstice, the gateway to winter just around the corner. Been lining up a good number of weather shifts at my former station, News 14 Carolina (for the GSO market), for January, as well I should. Dead time of year just ahead, and I'll welcome the hours after the 'thin' fall. I really am ever-hopeful that things will begin to turn around, economically....but I also know that coming out of such a deep well will take a lot of time and patience, who's kidding whom.

Later today I'm going to pop the top on a paint bottle to begin working on a Woodstock tribute flute for a friend...no, I'm not talking about the little yellow bird that is Snoopy's friend. Rather, this is a psychedelic rendition of 1969-esque graphics and colors on a bass C flute for a dear friend at her bequest. Rest assured pictures will be forthcoming! It's a fun project, to be sure....


Just a heads up, I will be foregoing the regular "Fried Fridays" blog posting to keep alive my "12 Days of Christmas" blog this week. Milk and bread, here I come!

No comments: