Wednesday, March 03, 2010

S-NO!-W and mo'...


If a picture paints a thousand words, I'm not sure a lot of them can be printed here....the above graphic is from the GSP NWS office from the storm that just blew through, showing the forecast numbers.  Actual amounts were higher in some mountain locations, some above 12", but that graphic isn't out yet. Temps held above freezing and helped many Piedmont locations see only limited accumulations. 

Only counties covered by GSP NWS are shown, but sure enough there was a secondary 'hot spot' that did dump where one model I like predicted it would (east of Union County's 4.4 on the right) toward Rockingham.

Thankfully, the going forecast is for a warming trend to crank up in a couple of days, something long overdue and much anticipated...

Chapter 7 is now posted in my "Milepost 50" blog.  It's a rambling verbal tour as I don my acting hat  and talk about that insane world, how I got my SAG (Screen Actors Guild) card, and other interesting tid-bits.  The joy is definitely in the journey, not in the destination!


No comments: