Monday, March 01, 2010

Notes to self....


1.  When I give the dogs new squeak toys, 
put them away when I go to bed.

2.  When I give the dogs new rawhide bones, 
put them away when I go to bed.

3.  Make sure the hanging birdfeeder comes in at dark so the midnight raccoon raid won't rile the pups out of slumberland.

4.  Make sure to look into properties in warmer climes, like southern Utah or New Mexico.  Not Florida, though.

---------------------------------------------

Just a few mental notes from the weekend.  Not that the weather was uncomfortably cold, just that yet another system of several more is poised to bring more cold and wintry precipitation.  The good news is the sun angle and intensity is slowly increasing each day; the bad news is March storms can be notorious for heavy snow (if it's cold enough), crippling ice storms, and even tornadic storms.

This year's negative NAO (North Atlantic Oscillation) is definitely going in the record books for myriad numbers, and the fat lady has yet to sing in this winter's opera.  Ready for some spring aria, myself.

-----------------------------------------------

Ready to be rid of what for me was a lack-luster Olympic coverage.  Too much fluff, not enough raw action.  Too much editing, and waaaaay too much tape-delayed coverage.  Good thing they didn't pre-empt my soap operas, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune each day and evening.  

Unfortunately, 'media' in general continues to go down a biased path of almost trying to make controversies bigger than they are, just for the sake of snagging viewers by creating drama.  I quit reading many an Olympic story online because of the questionable intent of the writing, which I hesitate to call journalism.  Just my 3 cents worth (inflation).

-------------------------------------------------

Interesting brain teaser for you, one I ran across recently:

REVIVE
BANANA
GRAMMAR
VOODOO
ASSESS
POTATO
DRESSER
ENEVEN

The eight words above are unusual in that they collectively have one thing in common.  Can you figure it out?   Scroll down for the answer...

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
If you take away the first letter of each word and place it at the end of the word, it will spell the same word backward.






1 comment:

Suzy said...

I've seen that brain teaser being spammed through my work e-mail multiple times in recent weeks. It IS pretty cool though ... I'm often fascinated by words and language in general.

I'm LOL (sorry!) on your "notes to self" ... yep, been to various versions of THAT party before ... sleep can be sporadic at best, and then you realize "oh yeah, if only I would have done _____"!!!!

Suzy :)