Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Answer: Waters that can't focus for very long.

Question: What are scattered showers?

They'll be in later in the day today, Thursday (focused or not), so keep a bumbershoot handy. Or a trenchcoat, like my good friend Winchester, here. Watch out for those poodles, though. And if it starts raining cats and dogs together, it'll be Katy-bar-the-door...

Be that as it may, the 'felines' are mutual that some great fall-like weather will be coming in behind this showery front, setting the stage for a cool end to the work week, and a delightfully pleasant weekend. Just the fact that it's the weekend makes it pleasant in and of itself, regardless of the weather, of course.

My weekend plans involve serious sanding on new flutes in preparation for an art show October 6-8 in Tryon, NC. Hard to get much done during the week as I start my day at 1 AM...and one thing I learned long ago is that you don't run power tools when you are tired or at the end of a long day. So Saturday will be sanding and finishing and sanding and finishing and walking Mercy and sanding and finishing....I've got some neat new ones coming out, so I'll probably post a couple of pics here next week. One neat one has an inlay of a hummingbird feeding on a flower. One has been carved to look just like a tree trunk. My flutes and music are my release in life, no doubt. If you didn't catch the very first post, you can go back and read more about them and click on the link to my webpage.

No comments: