Sunday, September 24, 2006

Greetings and Salutations, Y'all!


Welcome! Bear with me as I launch this blog post and help launch the new News 14 Triad as the weekday morning meteorologist. I was in Charlotte several years ago to help launch News 14 Carolina in the same capacity. Interesting how moths are drawn to flames, eh? (the photo is one I took of one in the Elk Mountains of western South Dakota in 2005...)


What will you be reading here? A little bit of everything....heck, probably even a lot of everything. Weather thoughts, sure...but my interests and daily mental ramblings will most likely travel far afield into the world of music, art, science, and such. While I've been a TV meteorologist for over 15 years, I don't exactly eat, live, and sleep weather. My Soul's work is my playing, performing, recording, and making of Native American style flutes. And they have an unusual name, as well: Ugly Boys. There's a story there, why the name remains and where it came from...you can read about it at my website, as well as see some images of my work: www.UglyBoyFlutes.com


I reserve the right to freely practice poetic license, as well, herein...free-form grammar. I write as I think...which in itself can be a scary proposition. I now need to get up to speed on blogging, as this is my first attempt...so grab that cup of coffee and buckle up for daily whirls on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I'll have you pull your hands and arms inside the bucket car shortly...

2 comments:

Tarheelhombre said...

Welcome Bob, and when do you foresee our first snow? Hehe.

Bob Child said...

Thanks, ww...I'll be on in Charlotte since we are short staffed for few months and most of us pull extra shifts...many of my extra duties will be midday Charlotte shifts from 11a-5p, barring severe weather. Today and Tuesday are two such days this week. Yes, We've all had a ton o' work to do to get Triad up and running as well as solving many other technical issues. Wxdude2, keep up on your homework! Thanks for joining in. Per tarheelhombre, I think the first snow will fall on....oh, gee, look at the time! Better get to work now!!!!!