Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mercy, this weather is nice!

'Tis, indeed nice weather! And this is my rescue pup Mercy, a foundling from TCAR, the Tri-County Animal Rescue located on Highway 27 on the Gaston/Lincoln county line on Highway 27 - you can check 'em out at:
http://www.tcar.us
I have adopted from them for years, and they are great folks...I strongly advocate adopting dogs from such organizations, and there are myriad groups right in the Triad. And consider adopting an older dog, too. You can never outgive the love they give back, and even if they live but a couple of years, they actually bless your life in wonderful ways. Thanks Smiley, Snowball, and Yoda!

What a day yesterday...one of those days you don't want to repeat for a looooooong time, if ever again. Significant technical issues that persisted for hours...and it just happened to be on my shift. I always ask groups that I speak to, "What do you think is the most important aspect about being a TV meteorologist?"


Most say 'knowing weather', but that is down the list. You first and foremost need to know computers extremely well, and know how to assess what goes wrong when equipment goes awry, and know how to get it up and running in a usually deadline-pressing situation. And if you can't, you'd better know who to call, because you can't just take the 'do nothing' approach. Anyway, the waters are quite calmer this morning...can I get an "Amen!" from the choir????!!!!!!!!

Live weather is coming up...as I get thoughts I'm prone to add to the daily posting, but for now, I'll have to go....Mercy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good looking dog.
Thanks for sharing.
I myself have 6 dogs and I love dogs. They help me lowering my stress level

Bob Child said...

Dogs are incredible therapy...and after my day yesterday, I went home and took her for a walk in the woods...just what we both needed! Enjoy your day and your pups!

Tarheelhombre said...

Mercy is too cute. I need to get a dog soon, but I need a bigger house.