Monday, May 14, 2007

"And They Call It Puppy...uh, er...Otter Love..."

(FYI, Blogger won't let me space lines this morning...)
I hope everybody had an enjoyable Mother's Day yesterday...stunning weather here in the Carolinas after Saturday's maelstroms, for sure. And well we should celebrate those that did their best to raise us 'right' (there, there, Mom, don't cry...!). Nothing like a mother's love...
In that same vein, I ran across this cute video that I thought you'd enjoy, too...that is, unless you hate warm, fuzzy, feel-good things. Otters are cool critters...very personable, very playful...and as this neat video shows very loving, as well. My favorite part is when they doze off and separate and then get back together...this world could learn a lot from 'em, eh?
I had the best laid plans of taking pictures to show all the new flutes that came out of my hopper this weekend, in advance of a one-day show coming up next weekend in the mountains Saturday. Alas, I had this hankering to glue up a flute late Saturday that all day yesterday kept saying "saaaand meeeee, saaaaaand meeeeee..." In order to get it to hush up, I decided to spend almost the whole day working it down to it's finished state (minus its special block which I'll work on today...uh, along with the pictures, I reckon!). Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll have some of those pics posted for tomorrow's blog. I have one special flute and several unique woods you might like to see...and yesterday's task shifter is a flute of figured Katalox with Claro walnut endcaps (guess you have to know woods to appreciate the details...Katalox is a very dark purply brown wood known as an ebony substitute).
With absolutely no logical segue or rationale, I wanted to share another video with you. I think I would like to skydive one day...maybe bungee jump...never been keen about motorcycles and know I wouldn't want to race them...and in this video, I think it's something I'm pretty sure I won't even get close to doing...
Have a "Cowabunga!" kind of day!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the otters ..... they're holding "hands", er flippers! as they sleep! ..... there's nothing sweeter!

And while I love snorkeling (sp?) in the ocean ..... nope, don't think I'll be surfing tsunami waves anytime soon either!

Have thought about skydiving from time to time --- several friends have done it just once, and they describe an incredible rush, and then freedom! Not so sure about bungee-jumping though ..... !!

Para-sailing is awesome --- kind of a "controlled freedom", but it's SO peaceful being pulled around 400 feet up in the air --- you can't hear anything! My brother and I got to go para-sailing on a family vacation a few years ago! Very, very cool memory of that!

Suzy :)

Bob Child said...

Para-sailed myself many moons ago and will attest it's worth it! Makes you a littly uneasy, though, when you see sharks every once in a while from that high up (gulp!)

Anonymous said...

This was in a crescent-shaped bay, and then a little farther out into the ocean proper --- off of a little island in the Bahamas. Didn't SEE any sharks, but that doesn't mean they weren't there --- yikes!! Don't remember sharks even crossing my mind though --- I remember I was more concerned about stepping on or swimming into jellyfish!!

Suzy :)

Anonymous said...

the otter video was very cute. I loved it. Couldn't finish watching the tsunami video as i got scared half way through it. I'll have to wait until someone is with me to see it. Even at 45 years of age, I still have the fear that things can jump out of the screen at me. lori

Bob Child said...

That was one monster wave, no doubt! If it helps, the surfer makes it through!