Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Brrrrrr....

I realize it can and will be much colder than it is right now, but it is rather brutal this morning in the Piedmont of North Carolina. Temperatures are in the low 20s with winds gusting well above 30mph out of the northwest. 6am windchill in Greensboro was 9 degrees, and up in Boone with snow falling it felt like minus 11 degrees, with winds gusting above 40mph.

Snow reports are spotty at best, but I'm seeing some 3-4" totals already, with more on the way. Some of those snow showers could make it east into the Foothills for some light accumulations (1/2" orless), but the further south and east you go the more sunny your day will be. Suffice it to say we'll all be cold and wind-whipped this Wednesday.

And you know it's cold when I come to work in long pants...shorts aren't close to coming out until I'm in the house for the day. Now THAT'S cold...

I'll try to post more interesting data or pics later if I can get my paws on 'em...just starting out on the busy side this morning and no time to post one of my more extended palaverings. Not yet, anyway. ;-)

7am NC snow updates (from GSP office):
6"...Newland
5"...Beech Mountain
5"...Stecoah
3"...Marshall
2"...Asheville
2"...Bakersville
(no NW NC reports yet available from RNK office)


No comments: