Thursday, January 03, 2008

Weather word-play...

Cold-blooded joke #1

We all know this cold snap ain't nothing compared to how cold it can be...just relative to our overall warmth it's a shocker to our systems...and I actually had to wear long pants to walk Mercy and I was still chilly, thanks to the wind out in the open areas.

So, given our cold weather shot all of a sudden, I thought of 'appropriate' puns....


When it gets cold like this, what is....


Q. ...a good Mexican food to eat?


A. Brrrrrr-itos


Q. What is a good American dish to eat?


A. Chili


Q. What is Starbuck's new menu item?

A. Coffee on a stick


Q. What would you make sandwiches with in this weather?


A. Cold cuts




Hmmm #1: If you ignored something somebody said in this weather, would you be giving them the cold shoulder?


Hmmm #2: If someone said something you didn't like in this weather, would you give them a cold stare-down? How about an icy response?

Hmmm #3: I really did want a Diet Coke from the machine at work, as I was all out of 'em in the weather center. Typical me, I had no cash or $1 bills in my wallet...so during a break I went out to my car to rob my little change bucket I keep, all to get a whopping 65 cents...needless to say in that early morning hour, I was handling cold, hard cash...


Hmmm #4: I suppose if I phoned someone out of the blue to ask them if they knew about the chilly forecast, would that have been considered a cold call?


Hmmm #5: If I went to a movie audition but didn't get script 'sides' in advance, would I have to do a cold read for the casting agent?

...just a little touched in the head, and proud of it. My default in life is humor, so if you're gonna stick around me, you might as well get used to it.

And if you watch closely enough today, you just might see an ambulance-chasing lawyer with his hands in his own pockets...

No comments: