Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"It's a matter of time..."


First, of course, Happy New Year! Did I see the new year come in? Nope. Was I close to seeing the new year come in? Not even. But I did manage to sleep in until 5:45a, which is actually pretty good for me. May that be a good sign I get more rest this year!

I have today off from weather work (we run skeleton crews at the station on major holidays), and will be back at it when the icebox temps roll in for Wednesday. Still have a little bit of woodworking equipment to shuffle around for the winter, which is today's big project for me.

Nice snow event getting ready to hit the 'high country' as we call it, the 4k' + peaks in the mountains, and the spine of the southern Blue Ridge along the TN border. Today and tomorrow there will be several disturbances that will swing southeast out of the TN valley, where they got plenty of rain Sunday, as well...lots o' moisture to be lifted up and squeezed out orographically, in the 4-8" range with locally heavier amounts over the next 36-48 hours.

If there is a potential 'hot spot' for heavier amounts, I see it from the northern half of the Great Smokies northeast to the Roan Highlands, FYI. Lower elevations will get a few inches as well, which encompasses many of the mountain highways and byways.


This used to be the big question a few years ago...but now that I live by debit card, it has ceased to be the unavoidable issue it once was....

"When will you write your first check with 2007 instead of 2008?"

At some point I always signed the wrong year, but as I have gotten older, I realize I can sign quirky dates at any time of the year and unable to use the new year's unveling as an excuse. Can I hear an 'Amen!' from the choir?!

Let's all make it a safe and prosperous one, shall we?!!

No comments: