Monday, December 15, 2008

Two more gift ideas...

No, the moon isn't for sale...but last Friday we had the largest moon of the year thanks to the moon's closest position in it's orbit around Earth. Just thought I'd post a pic I took from the back deck soon after it rose. (As you may or may not know, I don't stay up late at all, so any night pics I get early!)

Last week I posted some ideas for tried and true tools I use if someone were looking for a solid usable gift. I turn now to the kitchen to show you 2 items that I've found very useful and convenient...the idea started when I warmed up leftover chili this weekend and decided to make a sort of "Cincinnati Chili" with it...nothing more than pouring the chili on top of spaghetti noodles and adding some shredded cheese. Mouth's watering now as i think about it...

Anyway, cabinets overstuffed with odd-shaped pots and pans are a way of life for most of us, and a standard colander is a big space-waster. Silicone is the new wonder-material for kitchen uses...it's flexibility and heat-resistant qualities make for innovative products like the two to follow.

First up is the collapsible colander found at "Bed, Bath and Beyond, among other places (some of you will know that store for its constant barrage of 20%-off coupons in the mail...!). Not only do I like the rectangular shape, but I like the extending arms to fit just about any sink or space (it can also sit in the sink like a regular colander). It folds nicely 'flat' for efficient storage, too.



Measuring cups are the other nemesis to efficient order in utensil drawers. The collapsible cups are found in many different stores, come in a variety of colors, and this particular set as earth magnets at the end of the handle...I guess for nesting them, though I'm not sure of what great value that is since they're much flatter and stack nicely as-is....




Thus endeth this brief posting...with voice back (yay!) I hit the road for Day 2 of 2 of the "Mongrel" shoot, today just a few hours of voice-over work in a studio. Voice-over work is nice work if you can get it...no wardrobe, no make-up, you just plop your tush on the edge of a stool or chair and yammer away with your best enunciating skills into a very expensive microphone. Ah, if it were only that easy...!

No comments: