Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Unique book selection...worthy read


(click pics to enlarge)

In my cleaning and organizing recently (trust me, you have NO idea how incredulous that is) I came across a book that I'd ordered in Asheville, NC many moons ago, a book someone else had and suggested.  It's one of those books that is an easy read even for children, but with a far reaching message that resonates with adults...not unlike the old Bugs Bunny cartoons!  "hope for the flowers"....



 While an 'easy read', this creative book is chock full of messages we would all do well to hear and heed...if you are of the rat race mentality, or keeping up with the Joneses, or just sleepwalking through life doing things that everybody else does 'just because', well, then this book is especially written for you.


It's all about not only 'hope', but discerning what's important and what's an illusion, and seeking the beauty and truth in Life, and what it's really all about.  The graphics and text are simple, and while a thickish book, it reads rather quickly....


We often limit our very own selves because we limit our perception of situations and 'what is'.  We jump on bandwagons so as not to be left out, thinking that many people doing it must know a good thing...or do they?

It has been said, and for good reason, that some of the most incredible beauty in life comes from the smallest and simplest of things.  Stop and smell the roses.  Don't be afraid to not only question but stand up to the status quo if it doesn't strike "Truth" inside your Soul.

Basically, don't be a lemming...


3 comments:

mom2ahrj said...

oh! that is one of my absolute favorite books!!! so much so that i have not one but TWO copies! and i still cry when he loses yellow! lol!

Bob Child said...

Indeed! And how many people go through Life and give up on their Yellow? Now people will read this and wonder whattheheck we're talking about! ;-)

Suzy said...

Oh my gosh, what a blast from the past! ... from the early 70's ... my aunt/uncle/cousins gave that book to my brothers and I one Christmas ... I bet I was about 11 or 12 or so ...
Gosh, what a fabulous book ... I LOVED that book!! I wonder whatever happened to it ... maybe one of my brothers kept it when my parents moved ... ??
Nonetheless, I'm going to have to buy a copy for myself ... that book is SUCH a keeper, and I had SO forgotten about it until right now!!

Amen!! Thanks for sharing about that book, Bob ... what a wonderful memory it brought back!! And yes, what a wonderful, timeless message it presents!!

Suzy :)