Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Busy week...


Minimal posts for the moment as I've got a full plate and running in myriad directions...but I have to pass on a story worthy of a "Fried Fridays 'Idiot Of The Week' Award".

This past Sunday I went and visited with my mom and sister down on the SC state line. As a rule, SC has less gas taxes than NC and so you can find cheaper gas just by going over the border.

Some Ingles grocery stores have cheap gas retail pumps, and so I pulled in to tank up as I had timed it perfectly for my car to be running on fumes. Whew.

At the pump beside me was a 'family' that couldn't help but catch my eye. There was a teenage boy that was sorta punk and goth and something else....a mom behind the wheel that was 'unique' looking shall we say...and some older 20-something guy pumping gas.

To be honest, you wouldn't have to imagine more than a millisecond that this family was prime material for the Jerry Springer show, in looks and behavior as they were talking loudly to each other. But the best (read 'most idiotic') part of the whole scene was....

...the guy pumping the gas was smoking a cigarette.

I got the hell out as fast as I could...

-----------------------------

and now for a little pic of our current full moon Sunday night....

No comments: