Monday, February 02, 2009

Super bowl-ending!

I guess you could say the Steelers 'towed' the line at the end of the game...

(AP photo)

Understatement for the day: Pretty amazing finish.

And, even with the dark economy, there were a number of cute super-expensive ads that many of us were anxious to see. $6 Million per 60-second ad. And they say TV doesn't influence people...

And while many of you know how to hunt and peck to find the ads, I'll post this link to a Yahoo! based site that lets you hunt and peck through the ads per quarter, as well as other winning commercials. You may have to put up with a short ad for a TV show from time to time...no such thing as a free lunch...but I had fun pecking around.

SUPERBOWL XLIII ADS

(right click and 'open in new window' if you want to keep this page up along with it)

I was going to list some of my favorites, but there are too many when you put 'em all together. Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head were cute (Q2)...but there were many others. You can let the video run or click through the menu on the left and then scroll through the ads and selectively watch the ones you want.

The "Best of 2009" pools the better ones in a lump, FYI...

Under "Classic Commercials" is the last one, "Herding Cats"...that one still makes me chuckle...

---------------------------------

Keeping this short as I have to get out of the gate early today on a couple of errands. Still shaking my head that it's February already...!

No comments: