Friday, January 15, 2010

"Fried Fridays: I call a spade a spade..."

Oh, I did search through myriad stories on the wires that would qualify as 'fried'....but none seemed worthy on their own. Many were weak. Shallow. Too simple.

But one did speak to me, and I will admit because it touched one of my hot buttons....

DATELINE: WHOTHEHELLKNOWS, AMERICA

I will not mince words. Rush Limbaugh is an egotistical @ss that serves no useful purpose except to rev up conservative Republicans and those that are anti-ANYthing democratic and forward-thinking.

Each of us is free to make choices and decisions about not only what we believe but what we watch, what we listen to, and what we read. Some of us are very conservative, some are quite progressive and liberal. Some of us are pessimistic and preservationist, and some of us are optimistic and forward thinking. Some of us don't want things to change....in fact, some want things to go back to the way they used to be. Some accept the 'new' world and try to work within the new framework.

All I can tell you is, for me, Rush is an @ss. A total one, at that. I will entertain opposing viewpoints as long as they are presented respectfully and well...sadly, the Limbaugh machine is one that spouts venom, never apologizes, and offers nothing but a defense of it's words and position. While I applaud someone standing up for what they believe in, I find Rush offensive with his racist and exclusionary opinions that prevail more than tamer criticisms.

Case in point is the Haiti disaster relative to the earthquake...and Rush's comments that CLEARLY smack of his neanderthalic bias...all the while he accuses opponents of being that way.

You can freely search for Limbaugh's comments on Haiti and how he thinks Obama is using the tragedy as a stepping stone in the popularity polls, among other insidious accusastions. I am going to leave this exactly where it is...calling Limbaugh a poor excuse for a human being. As long as he has no remorse for his words, I will have no variation in my assessment of his behavior.

For me it's totally 'fried'. 'Nuff said.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, Bob, it's OK to call an "@ss" an ASS without any need to try and be polite with the posting of the same! I think you hit the nail on the head with your comments about this conservative (excessively arrogant???) commentator.

I think right along with his words of stupidity and anger were the outrageous statements by Pat Robertson made earlier in the week. What a loon. And even more amazing is that these guys have many, many "followers" who stand by their ignorant comments. Lemmings to the sea, they are. 'Least, in my opinion.

Geeze, I guess these guys think they know the bottom line about every side of an issue! I'm sure glad there are others out there with some - dare I say it? - UNcommom "Common Sense." Thanks for being one of the more sane voices in this world of insanity.

All the best,
Dave

Suzy said...

"AMEN!!" a thousand times over!!!! Regarding BOTH "men" (and I use that term loosely).

I don't and won't pay any attention to Limbaugh (for those very reasons you mentioned, Bob!), so I'm going to have to look-up his comments ... maybe ... they'll probably anger me every bit as much as Robertson's did. (I'm glad somebody mentioned him, he and his arrogant, out-of-line comments REALLY pis*ed me off this week! Where does he get off preaching that racist b.s.???!!!)

There's another clown out there who is a "Limbaugh wannabe" ... look-up the name "Bob Dutko" ... he's another racist ultra-conservative talk show host on Internet radio and syndicated commercial radio. I channel-surf sometimes in the car, and I've caught parts of the absoutely HORRIBLE things he's said about the Obama administration, about Haiti, about poverty-stricken urban populations, about anybody or anything who/what opposes his "my way or the highway" thinking. I find myself yelling at him / the radio, and then I quickly changing the station! OMG.

I feel my blood pressure rising, just sitting here writing about these people ... UGH!

Thanks for publicly shedding more light on these people and their horrible venom! We will NEVER advance as a country or a human civilization by collectively allowing these people to broadcast their extreme and racist personal agendas. I wonder if it's possible to petition the FCC to shut these men down, or revoke the licenses of the commercial stations who carry these broadcasts? Grrrrr ...

Suzy :)