Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Bob's Blah-Blah Blog presents..."

..."Bob's Blah-Blah Dog!"...

( photo courtesy of the anonymous web)


Possible captions for the Chinese Crested (L):

1. "Did you hear them mention that "S" word on TV yesterday??? I'm not ready! Wardrobe!...can you go to the doghouse attic and pull down my winter clothes boxes, please? Oh, and while you're there, could you check and see if Clara left her collar over there...she can't remember where she had it last...oh, and one more thing, can you, like, use another set of bushes for a while, and maybe some not so close to the house, because all of our friends get to see our lovely brown-spotted bushes out front when they are on their walks..."

2. "All you do is sit there....Sit...Sit...SIT!...and don't close your eyes when I'm talking to you! You know how I hate that!..."

3. "Do you like my new cut and style? Didn't she do a marvelous job feathering my hair? That horse mane detangler is amazing how well it works! And WAIT 'til you see my tail...she matched the color just perfectly! By the way, I used your Visa..."


Possible captions for the Chihuahua (R):

1. "Talk to the elbow, the paw ain't listening..."

2. "Duct tape...wheeeeere did I put that duct tape....."

3. "I hate it when she ovulates..."

4. "That Dentabone was a waste of money..."

5. "It's 5 o'clock somewhere..."

------------------------------

I'm sure I could have come up with more imaginative answers, but I've got to spend some extra time on our tricky and fickle forecast for tomorrow morning. Looking at the big picture, the moisture appears to limited, though perfectly timed for the morning commute and the coldest of temperatures. Surface air will be upper 20s, but the cold layer will be somewhat thin, supporting freezing rain and sleet instead of snow.

This is no big classic winter event, to be sure...but the grocery stores will be sillily packed all the same. Don't bother to join in the fray, just be very careful driving tomorrow morning in the NC Piedmont. It takes little ice formation on bridges, for example, to send vehicles sliding. Ultimately the temperatures are just too warm to keep any frozen precip as such, so it is the early morning that is of the most concern. Woof.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cue the "Jaws" music..

Winter weather approaching..

HAHA!

Bob Child said...

Trust me, while not a major winter event, my plate will be full tomorrow out of the gate! Think I'll throw in one of my really high flutes for an eerie voice to go along with the "Jaws" theme!

Anonymous said...

Winter Storm Warning coming up...

The "Jaws" music is getting louder...

:)

Bob Child said...

Me legs are braced, and I'm hunkered down...bring on the cur of Wintertide!