Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Daisy Follow-up, and Other Stuff..."

Couldn't help but to pass on a few more photos from the daisy patch...since the post two days ago dealt with the denizens of said daisies, these are just some interesting 'side' shots, sans insects.

Late Monday there was a hard but brief rain, with the sun quickly returning to create a veritable steam bath outside...and I got the pic below immediately after the sun came out (remember to click pics to enlarge...even neater bigger!)


In just looking through the daisies, I noticed that this one below was fused, a true double-daisy with one forlorn petal coming through the center of the head...

On a nearby tree I saw a butterly of sorts land after flying right by my face...for obvious reasons, it took me a minute to figure out just where it landed...camouflage is alive and well in the insect world, in case you ever wondered...

And because I was keeping the former post purely about the daisies, I didn't include these pics from the few day lilies nearby that this big ol' bumblebee found appealing..."Bobbing For Pollen" I call this one below...


And so a little more small talk on small sights that are anything but small when you stop and muse over Nature's perfection...
...the natural balance struck even with ebbs and flows...
...how all of Life interrelates cooperatively...
...how seemingly very different organisms help each other prosper...
...how things are supposed to work in this beautiful world...

Humankind has most definitely done a bang up job of screwing all that to Hades in a handbasket. We've got a lot of repair work to do, friends...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, awesome pics Bob! I think I like these even better than the daisies the other day --- especially the daisy with the raindrops (and the heavy rain didn't even damage the petals!), and the double-daisy (don't think I've ever seen one of those)!!

And your second-to-last paragraph about "small talk about small things that aren't so small" .....
yep, those points are exactly my own philosophy as well! Amen!

Again, thanks for sharing!
Suzy :)