Monday, July 09, 2007

"Denizens of the Daisies"

It's just a nice little patch of daisies beside the driveway. With a little watering help, they've been blooming for a couple of weeks, now, providing a constant display as new blooms replace the old.

And upon closer inspection before getting in the car one day, I noticed the wide variety of winged-ones that fed on the nectar...and with the great macro capability in my oft-praised Canon S2, I set out to get interesting close-ups of the Feeders of the Fields...or as I labeled this post, the Denizens of the Daisies. Enjoy the pics, and remember you can click on the pics to enlarge them.










(The End)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daisies are just about my very favorite flower --- they're so simple, and are such a "HAPPY" flower, they seem to "smile" at their observers! :)

I planted a "wildflower seed mix" several years ago ..... the intended flower bed of such wildflowers never really materialized ..... however, each summer I have daisies and button-mums springing-up in the most unusual and unpredictable places all over my yard, including the cracks in the driveway concrete! And as out-of-place as they all seem to be, I just don't have the heart to cut them or kill them!

And the insects ..... I love how Nature depends on itself! Even "nuisance" flies, bees, and other winged insects have their purpose! GREAT pics, Bob!

Suzy :)

Bob Child said...

Merci buckets-full! I have a few follow-up pictures for later this week maybe, just some other things I 'saw' at the daisy depot. Life can rev up to very high speeds, and we end up missing the real beauty up close...it is most rewarding to stop and smell the...uh...daisies!