Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy Birthday, Young 'Uns!


Happy Birthday,
Willie Boo and Ellie Sue!


Nothing like a first birthday to realize how quickly you've grown! And you're old enough to have now discovered the joys of a wading pool in your summer heat, even up in Massachussetts!

My morning ritual begins with letting Mercy outside, and then fixing my pot of coffee...at a very early age (5 or so), one of my visiting grandmothers would let me sip her brew that had cream and sugar in it...we were both very early risers, so it was a special time to be with her while the house slept.

And to this day I use a thermal carafe machine and then pour in my amounts of Splenda and Half&Half, allowing me to sit here and write/research without having to get back up for more coffee...I just turn and pour. Just one of my little security blankets that makes the world all 'right' for me as I start my day.


This morning, I got to christen the mug my brother and his wife just sent and arrived yesterday, with the kids pics all over it. If I didn't know better, this coffee is tasting better already! Thanks, y'all!

Yep, nothing like a little family reminiscing while I pull pollen and air quality data for today, climo info from yesterday, and jot down ideas on various, creative ways to say "hot and sunny" without boring myself or the viewers....right now it's a very short list!

I was listening to a radio station yesterday when they ran a list of funny statements...probably all in some mass email out there, but I couldn't jot fast enough for them all. But I did retain a few of 'em...

If you write with a broken pencil tip, isn't it pointless?

The police were called to the day care center because a certain 3 year-old was resisting a-rest.

A dentist and a manicurist got in a bitter dispute and fought tooth and nail to the finish.

A short fortune-teller just escaped from prison: now there's a small medium at large.

Forget about the past, you can't change it. Forget about the future, you can't predict it. And forget about the present, I didn't get you one.

That's all I can pull from my craw...lucky to retain even those!Better go retain some weather data and head on in to work...have a good 'un, y'all!


2 comments:

sawdust101 said...

Cool BlahBlahBLOG ya have here Bob.
Your a "natural" when it comes to Blogs as well as giving weather reports. Of ALL the weather soothsayers that News14 has to offer, your the one that seems the most at ease. great job!!

Bob Child said...

Well, many thanks! I enjoy writing, I enjoy weather wondering, and I enjoy making sawdust! Never enough time to enjoy it as much as I'd like, though!

bob