Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Triad's 'lone wolf' Tuesday...

I snagged this radar grab from home late yesterday afternoon...while there were other little minor showers around the region, this was the one cell with an attitude and a warning, dropping small hail and breaking off some large limbs in Yadkin County a handfull of miles south of Elkin:

(click on pic to enlarge)


Today's set-up is kinda sorta the same...just a roll of the dice as to what pops up where. But heads up for Thursday as the approaching cold front ups our rain chances to the 50% range and will most likely fire up some severe storm cells, as well, even into the nighttime hours.

---------------------------------------------

Still catching up on my sleep and 'to do' lists from this past weekend. Won't be holding my breath to catch up fully today, either, but I'll give it a yeoman's effort. This next little story has nothing to do with anything except it came up in conversation yesterday with a friend. Don't know if I got it all right, but it's close enough...heard it years ago...

Three elderly siblings were sitting down in their living room for their afternoon tea. One sister said,
"I declare, I don't know where my mind is these days. I was upstairs getting ready for bed last night, and I looked and saw I had one foot in the tub and one foot on the floor - and I couldn't remember whether I was getting in the tub or getting out!!!"

"Well, then, I don't feel so bad," chimed in the other sister. "I found myself at the stairwell with one foot up on a step and one on the main floor, and for a moment I didn't know whether I was going upstairs or downstairs!"

Their younger brother was just chuckling to beat the band and couldn't wait to speak up.

"That's what happens when you get older! Sure glad I don't have that problem, knock on wood! (he knocks on table...) Was that the front door or the back door???"

----------------------------------------------

May we all have a day full of pleasant surprises!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "retaining wall" of entertainment supremacy? I'll use snopes if you'll use a dictionary!

Bob Child said...

Touche', Nony. Mental confusion not uncommon at 1am!