Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"We interrupt this blog..."

This will be the last post until next Tuesday, most likely. I will be vending my Ugly Boy Flutes at Bele Chere in downtown Asheville this weekend. It's an annual last weekend of July, Friday through Sunday festival of gargantuan proportions spread all over downtown, with attendance expected to be around 350,000. It'll be interesting to see how the economy will (or will not) affect turn-out and buyers. Arts, crafts, activities, demonstrations, and concerts out the wazoo...

BELE CHERE 2008

WLOS clip

In case anyone is heading there, I'm booth #422 on College Street near Broadway, right by Pack Square. 2 six-foot tall turquoise kokopellis stand guard at the front corners...hard to miss the name banner, as well!

Am I ready? Does a chicken have lips? I never have done all that I wish to have ready, and this show will be no exception...but I do have a nice stock in a range of keys, and I'm prepared to be worn out...the days are long, and no time for blogging.

Too, it will be a hard turn-around to pack up Sunday and be at work well before the sunrise for my Monday weather shift, and I KNOW I won't have time to blog. So, Saddle Pals, enjoy your days and stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just called my mom to let her know about the festival. You will be there Friday-Sunday? Hope I can come meet you and take a look at your flutes.