Monday, April 07, 2008

"I'll take 'Rainy Days' for 400, Alex..."

Much needed rain fell sporadically throughout the Carolinas the past 4 days, though it made for a sloppy weekend for many who were grumbling over limited outdoor activities. I felt bad for the big auto show at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, too...that was a lot of effort and money and spit-shines that were stuck outside, especially Saturday.

Went and tallied the major NC cities' almanac pages for their 4-day rain totals...looks like PTI airport in Greensboro brought home the bacon:

Greensboro.....1.93"
Charlotte..........1.51"
Raleigh.............1.29"
Asheville..........1.28"
Wilmington......1.00"

Had to get out of the concrete jungle myself and headed to the hills...while not as rainy in quantitiy, there was plenty of fog to beat the band. And while indoor projects were plentiful enough, I did muse over the 'different' kind of beauty that fog presents. Shades of gray pulsed in and out as the thick ground-clouds rolled through...and while this picture may more suit Halloween or a Sherlock Holmes adventure, it still breathes Life.

(click to enlarge)

On a funnier note, one night I went outside with the flood light behind me...and the fog was so thick I became a human shadow puppet amongst the 'ghost' trees in the background...wasn't quite expecting such an image but I thought it was worthy of a snapshot.

We're done with the rain for a few days, outside of some morning drizzle. Not until late Friday and, uh..., Saturday do we see good rain chances roll back in. Warms up starting tomorrow, as well.

Keeping this one short today as I'm playing catch-up this morning. I do want to leave you with one pondering thought this morning:

If you were lost in a fog,
would you be 'mist'ified?...


No comments: