Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Where I went on my weekend vacation..."


"Magnolia! Come here, girl!"

I've always thought it would be cool to have a big ol' hound dog that naps on a big ol' southern porch, and name that pup "Magnolia". And the "South" is where I went this weekend: Charleston, South Carolina.

The Battery

Rainbow Row

BB&T chooses a different place each year for their annual awards festivities for their top producers, and I as the 'official' announcer go along for the ride. And so this long weekend was Charleston, SC, replete with as much history of the U.S. in one place compared to any other.

Market Hall

St. Phillip's steeple

While Saturday always ends up being my 'work' day, I had the opportunity to explore all the streets and side-streets that encompassed the late 1600s to present, there. Not enough time to 'do it all', of course, but it was most interesting to pick up what info I did.

Greek Revival architecture

This week, the blog entries will deal with different aspects of what I learned, along with the photos I took, for your blogging pleasure. Rich in history, and short on buildable space (which is also tightly regulated for historical preservation, as well it should be), Charleston is a coat of many colors...figuratively and literally.

classic Charleston homes

Stay tuned, and stay warm!

(click on pics to enlarge, as always!)

No comments: