Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's Two's-day!

More pictures in from the Boston twins, growing right on up. Hard to believe they'll be 1 in July, which doesn't seem that far away...only the distance to 'em does! Thanks for the pics, Sue and, uhm, er...William!

Yesterday was a good day in that I picked a car repair place that treated me fairly some time ago, so I went back with my race car sound. They came out, one guy crawled under the car, and they told me while they could fix it that I should just drive 100 yards to the Midas shop and save money, since they would have had to take it there themselves. Just good, honest people that shop.

Midas took it right in and identified the problem (pipe broke at the flex plate under the engine), and had it repaired in 1.5 hours while I walked around a shopping center. $129 was way under what I had anticipated, so it all worked out well...and I'll pull out of my neighborhood quietly this morning, like old times!
Brain is random this morning...found some old file images that I doctored up I thought you might enjoy...

One of our perks as Time-Warner employees is free cable and internet, which is arguably a significant perk...so I had to add that little twist to it!

Especially after long days of tedious work and deadlines, don't you just feel those urges to just sit and turn the brain off for hours? It's actually a healthy thing to do. Bears considering...

Good ol' Ambrose Bierce and his tongue in cheek definitions. I imagine many of you have seen this picture at some time or another...police training dogs have to pass many rigorous tests, of which this one surely must hit high on the self-control pain index.

Ambrose had many such sage-wry sayings, like these:

Circus, n. A place where horses, ponies and elephants are permitted to see men, women and children acting the fool.

Happiness, n. An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of another.

Un-American, adj. Wicked, intolerable, heathenish.

Idiot, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling.


I think I'll revisit Mr. Bierce in a future blog...too much for this post at the moment...stay tuned!

2 comments:

John said...

Well as it turns out, it's not really free ;-)

Bob Child said...

Ah, Grasshopper, the certified letter from News 14? I'm tellin' ya, Medusa had a 4th sister no one knows about...

bob