Monday, April 21, 2008

Oy...!

In the wink of an eye Sunday, I became a candidate to go car racin' in the Busch Series. OK, so I don't even have a V-6 to race with the Kings of the Round Track, but I sure have the throaty engine noise.

Seems as though my exhaust manifold (or something very close to it) gave up it's ghost as I headed out on errands late in the morning Sunday...and now I get to experience the joy of firing up my buggy in the neighborhood at 2am, and feeling the embarrassment of my car's obnoxious brattle when I accelerate.

The noise was so loud that at one red light a bunch of guys came running up to my car, jacked up the right side of my car, put on new tires, did the same to the left, while someone topped off my gas tank and passed me a bottle of water through my window...


My morning's work is cut out for me now, of course. There are myriad other things I'd like to be doing with my money than paying high prices for parts and labor, but as I like to say, "It is what it is." Gotta get it fixed, and so I will. No sense wasting energy being bothered about it - many better things are out there aplenty to put my mind's energy to.


Been battling something in my upper respiratory tract since Friday...head and sinuses are crystal clear, but something is really draining in the back of the throat. I had great plans to get a lot done this weekend and have, for instance, a neat blog for you today. Alas, given feeling a little punk as well as all the showers around, I'll have to postpone my wonderful world of wildlfowers blog posts until next week, more than likely.


Right now I have to get to the racetrack for my practice laps...

No comments: