Monday, October 02, 2006

This week's weather in a photo...


ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

This South Dakota prarie dog I photographed in the Black Hills has the right idea...Snoozeville, Saddle Pals. Don't get me wrong...I find the nigh impossible task of weather forecasting to be an interesting challenge no matter the conditions...but I gotta tell ya that this week is one where none of us have to fret over hair-splitting details like timing of arriving thunderstorms. It's a numbers forecast full of mostly sunny skies and a wind shift later in the week. A dry cold front passes through Thursday and the highs fall back several degrees. Oh yeah, and throw a few clouds in as the wind shifts S to W to NW. Be still my heart. Buckle up for a calm and quiet week, albeit a warm one to start out.

I should have some neat pics tomorrow of my weekend endeavors. New flutes. Did a little one made of Aspen with little puppy paw prints meandering down the barrel. Another one with a malachite and abalone inlay of a hummingbird. One that looks like a tree. And one made of a high grade curly maple that is a beauty to behold. Stay tuned.

So, with a non-plussed forecast in our sites, I turn to rambling thoughts (like I need any excuse) about a couple of other oddities I ran across...
...like the young couple who recently broke into a Dominos pizza store at 530am...not to steal equipment or money...but to fire up the oven and bake a couple of pans of their new brownies. Of course, the police caught them as they ran away, and were most likely under the influence of marijuana and the resulting relentless driving urge for munchies at that late/early hour.
...In Austria last Friday, an airline passenger notified the crew that he had lost sight of his hamster which he had illegally smuggled on board, so the flight was diverted to the nearest airport so the crew could find the furball before it decided electrical wires were fun to chew on...

Must go for now...I'm having too much fun with my morning work...Carpe Diem, Y'all!!!

No comments: