Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I don't know about the rain in Spain....

...but in the Triad it fell mainly on a north-south line between downtown Greensboro and Asheboro, and a little northeast to Grays Chapel, where 1.5" to 2" fell.

I saved this radar estimate this morning showing the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. The Piedmont Triad airport sits just to the left of the heavier rain bands but still managed to pick up 0.82" through midnight, and another 0.15" roughly after that...so about an inch.

One humorous aside to yesterday's rains was that a crew was supposed to come to the house and install new gutters...

Outside of some wrap-around showers later today, the door will be opened for sunny 70s to end the week and into the weekend....a good ol' Nestea Plunge, you might say! Saturday is also Veteran's Day, and the weather could not be more perfect for outdoor services and ceremonies, either. I know what I'd like to be doing...


I am itching to get back to my woodworking and flute-making. The shoulder is still far too weak and painful to work with tools yet, but I hope to soon get 'back at it.'

There are lots of joys in making my flutes, but one of the biggest is taking a unique piece of wood with unusual grain or figuring....and sanding until the cows come home, down to 1000 grit, by hand...and then, ahhhh, rubbing in Danish wood oil...woodworkers will understand immediately of which I speak. The grain/patterns/lustre just fly out 3-dimensionally at you as the wood literally comes to life...just nothing quite like that step. I'll try to post some before and after shots of that step as soon as I get to one again and let you see for yourself...

...chomping at the bit...chomping at the bit...




No comments: