Friday, December 15, 2006

Answer: Professional Web Surfers

Question: What are cyber-spiders?


"What are YOU lookin' at? I didn't write that awful joke!!!"

Yeah, I'm reaching this morning...had planned to post pics of my first flute since my shoulder dislocation 2 months ago, brand new and hot off the finishing press yesterday...but then I got to thinking this is a surprise Christmas gift for someone in Texas, and there is a chance he might read this blog before then...so I chose to play conservative ball and not take a chance on spoiling anything. I'll post it after Christmas if I remember to (famous last words!)...

So, I'm sitting here wondering what to write about today...temperatures making it feel more like Jacksonville, FL 'round these parts than December in the Carolinas...good ol' foggy mornings that take their sweet time in clearing up, but once they do you feel like singin' "Up a Lazy River" with the Mills Brothers...which leads me to now think of having a nice big porch to lounge on (I don't...), which now leads me to picturing a good ol' pup stretched out on said porch, running rabbits in its sleep...which then leads me to thinking that a great name for a southern dog would be "Magnolia"....and you can just hear someone with a voice reminiscent of Foghorn Leghorn drawling, "I say Mag-NOL-yah, come here, gurl!"...which then makes me think of other great names for dogs...like naming a black lab "Velcro"...or a little tan Cockapoo "Crouton"...

That, my friends, is the random processing my brain goes through at all times, ad nauseum. Just sitting here thinking to myself, "If folks had even a passing thought that I might be a few fries short of a Happy Meal, I've just removed all doubt..."

And all this started with the web surfers title...in poking through some file pics from last summer, I ran across some more close-up shots in line with yesterday's post of raindrops on a web...this set of a really cut little bugger of an arachnid

that I tried to get up close and personal with as much as I could up near Craggy Gardens on the Blue Ridge Parkway...and another gratuitous raindrop-on-leaf shot from that same day, which was

replete with socked-in mountains, no views, and occasional showers. There's always beauty under your nose folks, always and all ways.

Yep, I can sure get off on instant tangents with the best of 'em, so enjoy my little "left turns at Albuquerque".
Have a good day, now, y'hear?

No comments: