Sunday, December 10, 2006

Maybe I should change the name....

...to "Bob's Blah-Blah Hawk Blog"...! I never have any idea what I'll write to this blog...so I just go along and when an idea grabs me I take the ball and run with it.

I had a very brief Sunday afternoon encounter with the hawks that have become quite a mainstay in my life of late...and I'm talking brief. Maybe all of 50 seconds, if that long...


but here are a few more pictures of one of the pair taking wing and making a couple of circles before climbing high on the thermals to join the other hawk and a pair of Turkey Vultures waaaaaaay up in the sky.


That was it. I still have a lot to come to terms with when shooting digitally, getting comfortable with all the parameters I can tweak at any time...so I'm still doing a lot of testing and making plenty of mistakes as I get a little better. Thankfully the winged ones are fairly patient with me!


---------------------------------------------------

Kinda excited this week...since my shoulder dislocation, my flute-making slammed to a definitive halt this fall. However, this week will see my first 'creation', since that fateful fall, come to life. I'm down to the final sanding stages, and then the finishing stages which in themselves take days to complete...but I'm finally there.


I intrinsically 'feel' my flute work with my right hand...it has been good to teach the left how to fill in, but my right hand touch and feel
is super-sensitive to my flute making, so I use it with pain as my guide. My good ol' orbital palm sander does fine work for me, but the injured right shoulder can take only about 10 minutes of the weight and vibration before it screams at me to leave it alone. Before too long I'll post the pics of my new 'baby'...and like most of what I do it's a bit on the unusual side. 'Nuff said for now. Been a slow train a-comin', it has.

-------------------------------------------

After the bitter cold snap days ago, I've been scrutinizing the model runs going out 168 hours...no other arctic outbreak from Canada appears poised to rush in; to the contrary, high pressure plays a dominant role over the Southeast-Bermuda corridor keeping wintry storminess well north up toward the Great Lakes.
Yeah, some rain Tuesday night through Wednesday, but outside of a minor adjustment in temperatures, we should remain a bit above average highs this time of year, temperature wise, through early next week. Shop away!


No comments: