Wednesday, December 20, 2006

"HEY, you got chocolate in my peanut butter!..."

Remember that ad for Reese's cups YEARS ago when 2 people bumped into each other and discovered a great new taste? If you don't, thanks for making me feel old...if you do, welcome to the party! Follow me, here...need to digress a moment....

So here in December we've recently had temperatures well up into the 70s, making it feel like anything BUT Christmas...and any hopes for even a cold Christmas seemed waaaaay down the pike of Reality. That's changed a bit, thanks to a shot of cold air now timed for a Christmas Day arrival...cold rains for the Triad, but should be cold enough for a little snow to mix in with rain up in the mountains...we'll have to watch the models closely to see how far south the cold will entrench.

While out in Rapid City, South Dakota 2 Mays ago, we had a nice 10" snow on May 11th, and in looking at the pictures I thought of a weather ad I could do:

"Hey, you got your May in my December!"
"Yeah, but you got your December in my May!"



So even if we don't have a white Christmas, I'll give you some pics from that May storm and you can daydream of it being that way next Monday! Without going into too much detail right now, I used to create weekly Video Postcards for my former station there, 1-minute vignettes of my nature photography with my flute music...but there is one, and only one postcard, that I actually sang for the postcard, to the classic tune of "Camp Granada"...I'm posting the "new and improved" lyrics I wrote along with the pics...sing it to yourself, lest your family or coworkers call the men in the white suits....


"Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh,
We just got some - frozen wadduh,
Though it's May out,with leaves and flowers...
the trees and branches fell and cut our powers.



There was thunder, there was lightning,
Watching people drive - was oh-so frightening!
And my puppy loved - romping to and fro;
Thank goodness I know not to eat that yellow snow!



People shoveled - out their driveways,
While Jamie Zepp's car - spun out sideways,
So let this postcard - serve to remember:
That here in May it can look like December!"


No comments: