Friday, December 01, 2006

"On the wings of Love..."

Here it is Friday...and we know why the Universe loves Fridays in general, don't we! TGIF!!! We have huge weather changes in the Triad for today's forecast period...the 2006 Atlantic hurricane season is over... December is here...all seems to be swirling from of-the-moment-concerns of this rather potent cold front and storm system....

I will not elaborate the point that last weekend involved the discovery of a suicide victim...and only minutes behind his family that first found him...made for a hard week on many fronts, and only recently have certain events led to a peaceful reconciliation...and it came from the most perfect of teachers to begin with....Nature. Which you can equate with God. Creator. Yaweh. Goddess. All of the above. None of the above...it really doesn't matter since it is ALL "Source."

So I looked to the Anchors in my Life to steady the keeling ship...anchors are those things that bring you to a 'Home' feeling, things that resonate a 'knowingness' and familiarity so as to help ground us as we move forward.



And so, Thursday afternoon I traipsed out with the Mighty Mercy on our diurnal woods walk, in tow with a new digital camera body for my Canon "L" lenses from my studio film days...darn good Thanksgiving sales at the stores, and I was ready to make the leap to procure it. As 'knowingness' would have it, my second of two pairs of red tail hawks (well, just one of the duo) was soaring in the increasingly strong southerly winds, playing as large-winged avians like to do...nary a flap needed...they simply tilt their head, adjust their wings, and they were off to the races, for time unmeasured.

Okay, so it was overcast, windy...the raptor at a great distance away, and my 460mm lens wobbling from lack of practice and heightened zooming overhead...but I got a few shots anyway and wanted to post them in honor my winged Brethren...and my words to each of you would be to not only honor all of Nature, but to take the time to notice what you see, the context in which you see it, and any other unusual parameters...it is not accidental that certain animals and facets of Nature occur when they do, in the manner they do...all is purposeful, and there are messages for all of us to consider.

So if nothing else, simply be Aware.....be appreciative...and give Thanks when your Heart tugs at you to do so. I feel like there may be something more to add, but for now I'm at peace to post this as-is.

In all things give Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------

“Only in silence a sound,
Only in darkness a light,
Only in dying, life;
Bright the hawk’s flight
on the empty sky.”

- Ursula K. LeGuin

No comments: