Thursday, August 14, 2008

A bit of poetry for today

Rained all day yesterday, and the camera didn't come out...figured it was a good day to pull a couple of other shots and sprinkle a few quotes from famous authors that found inspiration from the ocean...

---------------------------------------

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea.

- e.e. cummings

My soul is full of longing
For the secret of the sea,
And the heart of the great ocean
Sends a thrilling pulse through me.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves
that break upon the idle seashore of the mind.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


My life is like a stroll upon the beach,
As near the ocean's edge as I can go.

- Henry David Thoreau, The Fisher's Boy


To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.

- Isaac Newton



Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me.

- Albert Schweitzer

No comments: