Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Well...uh,..."

It's tough coming back from a week off from work and walking into a new graphics system and News 14 Coastal launch process at 3am. And so I sat here racking my brain yesterday afternoon for something to blog on. Yet, with the constant need to 'catch up' and 'get ahead' with other correspondence and responsibilities, I was left with my fuel gauge on 'empty'.

Normally I get up and have my time to drink coffee, pull preliminary data, blog, and head into work...but the new regime requires an earlier work arrival time, and my blog time is the first to 'go' by the wayside. Some days I get inspired to rough out an entry before I go to bed, but it just ain't happenin' this week. Apologies.

My 3-D storm toy wasn't of much use yesterday as 1) Fay was meandering and wimping out today per severe cells, and 2) the lower MS River Valley system had been relatively tame, as well. Storms, yes. Good 'uns, no.

I could blog about the Olympics, but I imagine that's a bit overdone. Not been impressed with overall coverage as I remember in the past seeing a lot more of the competitions at more hours of the day...and the "fluff" gets to be a bit overdone. Of course, I have to go to sleep really early so I miss the 'prime time' coverage...

To add on to the list, I'm on my last week and a half of a full-time position at News 14, by personal choice now that my contract is ending. However, I'll still fill in on a part-time basis as the Charlotte operations sorely need additional weather help (as I can offer it)...and the schedule is chock full of additional responsibilities next week with vacation and other requests for deserved time off for other mets. If this August were my "March", it's going to go out like a pride of lions, not just one.

And so I offer this as my non-blog for today...if you are having motivational and personal energy issues, welcome to my world at the moment!. Ah, as the old saying goes, "This, too, shall pass."

Peace to all y'all.

No comments: