Thursday, August 28, 2008

Too much of a good thing...

Quick entry as I have another other-worldly schedule again today...absolutely the busiest and craziest work week in my 19 years of TV weather work, rather humorous since its my last. Good ol' blaze of glory! For friends that read this and haven't seen my return emails, I'm a bit overloaded and slow to respond...but I will! Thanks for your patience.

Below is radar grab of storm totals interpolated by Doppler radar of most of the Triad. The scale (in inches) is to the left, so click to enlarge it and find your area...note eastern Guilford County basically off the chart in the white coloring:



Gustav still has its bead set on New Orleans, for all practical purposes...path has slowed somewhat, but not veered a whole lot:

Thanks for all the viewer pics of yesterday's storms, instant rivers, etc. One for the record books for many. Been a long time since I've seen so many weak funnels pop left and right from the training storms we had mid-day yesterday. Volatile atmosphere it was.

Heck, still is. Got up this morning and saw a tornado warning around Wilson, east of Raleigh...please oh please no repeats of yesterday....!

No comments: