Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"IT'S HERE!!! Oh, wait a minute..."

Not a video game player, I. I think I might really enjoy a Wii, with it's physically interactive interface, but I've never tried one. If I had a couple of hours to play a video, I'd much rather be making something or reading and learning something new.

Apparently, there just was a big release of an updated Madden football game for the XBOX 360 that has all sorts of new and updated bells and whistles...and front cover. Back in the development stages before the recent release, the cover figure was none other than the iconic Brett Favre from the Green Bay Packers.

Or used to be, rather.

It was only mere days ago Favre announced he wanted to come out of retirement as he missed the game so much, among other reasons, I'm sure. Alas, Green Bay wanted nothing to do with him, for various reasons. Just the other day, he was traded to the New York Jets.

"Oops!" on the cover design now out the window. Apparently when you buy the game, they hand you the new printed cover for you to insert yourself over the outdated Cheesehead version:


----------------------------------------------------

Rainy day here at the coast today, which is fine with me as I have some creative stuff I'd like to focus on a while. Did find a two-headed mermaid in the sand yesterday, which was causing a temporary stir:

But that was in the morning...by afternoon the filtered 'white sky' had moved in in advance of the incoming low pressure system. Mercy is still rather tentative in the beachy setting...not too many pups you'd have off the leash that would just stand there and look at you like this:


And now what I do is wait for a break in the showers so she'll go out for her morning 'exercise'!

No comments: