Monday, August 25, 2008

"Monday Mop-Up..."

...with the appropriate sub-title "A Birdie Flew By"...

This my last week of full-time work is a 6-day straight run covering 13 on-air shift periods and I plan on having too much fun...and it's already begun. It cranked up Sunday filling in for Tara Lane, and knowing rest comes at a premium at times for me, I went to sleep around 5:30p yesterday. No blog prep...not much brain ability to think ahead of the curve with a plate-full in front of me, and so once up this morning I mused "I'll just mop things up" and just sorta tie up loose ends of info tidbits...

And then it happened.

A birdie flew by.

I mentioned in an earlier post about the Myers-Briggs personality test - ENFPs know all about birdies flying by. Colorful ones, drab ones, big ones, teenie-weenie ones, it doesn't matter. We ENFPs see 'em ALL.

And so my brain immediately took the 'mop' motif and accessed my cranium in the Big Band closet, quickly dusting off a fun non-sensical song made popular by The Treniers: "Ragg Mopp". I could find only this version on YouTube, which starts a bit into the song, but it'll get your toes tappin' to "R-A-G-G-M-O-P-P, RAGGMOPP!"

The Treniers performing "Ragg Mopp"

Now where was I.....

Oh, I'll come mop up some stuff later and add it here...need to tend to other matters this second....stay tuned!

No comments: