Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Brain teaser and humor

Working mid-day shifts at News 14 for a couple of days, which is rather all-consuming for my daily schedule, hence no post yesterday and a shortie today. Yesterday's storms turned into downright maelstrom's, especially in the Triad and Raleigh regions...hopefully today will be a tad quieter!

---------------------

First up is a brain teaser, the answer to which I don't think I'd ever have gotten. The answer is written in white between the asterisks at the bottom, so you drag the mouse between the two asterisks and the answer will show up against the dark band....ready?


You are riding on a beautiful white horse.

On your right side is a sharp drop-off.

To your left are several ostriches being chased by a lion.

In front of you are four large gazelles that won't get out of the way, though you can't seem to overtake them.

Behind you is a stampede of wild horses.

What must you do to get out of this dangerous situation?


Drag your mouse between the asterisks to highlight the answer, as if you were highlighting text to delete or cut-paste:

* Get your drunk @ss off the merry go-round! *

---------------------------------

Then there is this email I'd not seen before that also took me by surprise...thought it would get a chuckle from many of you...


Why Parents Drink

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to 'Dad.' With the worst premonition he opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the letter.

Dear Dad:
It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you. I have been finding real passion with Tina and she is so nice. But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercing, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. But it' s not only the passion...Dad she's pregnant. Tina said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children. Tina has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy. In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Tina can get better.. She deserves it. Don't worry Dad. I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get to know your grandchildren

Love, Your Son John

PS. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house.

I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report card that's in my center desk drawer.

I love you.
Call me when it's safe to come home.

------------------------------

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Love the report card joke --- too funny!

However, I'm thinking that the brain teaser answer is "NOTHING, you're 'toast' any direction you go!"
When I run my cursor between the asterisks, there is indeed "NOTHING"! I even checked all my "Active X" and "Trusted Site" settings in my browser. So ... the answer is "nothing", or something isn't working as it should! :)

Suzy :)